FIVE WAYS TO RESTORE A CHIPPED OR BROKEN TOOTH
Do you have a chipped or broken tooth that lowers your self confidence and makes you feel low? You may be readily searching for a treatment or dentist in San Francisco that will best restore your tooth. Our team at Pacific Heights Dental Studio in San Francisco, CA provides several different treatments that can be customized to fit each patient’s specific needs. Continue reading on to learn of five ways to restore a chipped or broken tooth.
The Five Options
Our California dentist can provide you with a consultation in order to decide which treatment is best for your needs and smile:
- Dental bonding. Composite bonding is typically used to repair minor chips, cracks, decay, or discoloration. The procedure simply involves roughening up the tooth and applying a conditioning liquid. The material will be applied and molded onto the smile. Then a uv light will be used to harden the material.
- Veneers. Veneers cover the front surface of a tooth and change the entire appearance of the tooth. A small portion of the enamel will be removed to make room for the new restoration. The custom veneers are then made in a lab.
- Crowns. Dental crowns are used for restorative treatments when the tooth is chipped or if the patient is experiencing pain when biting down. It covers the tooth like a cap and strengthens a damaged tooth that needs to be used for chewing purposes.
- Root canal. Root canal treatments are needed when a tooth is severely broken that the pulp, located inside the tooth, becomes infected. This treatment helps to clear out the infection in order to stop pain in its tracks and save the tooth.
- Dental implant. Dental implants replace the root of an individual tooth in a surgical procedure. An additional restoration can be placed on top that will act as the replacement tooth.
Dentist San Francisco California
If you are in need of an experienced dental team to help restore your smile, then contact Pacific Heights Dental Studio for more information today or to schedule your next appointment.